- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 spicy Italian sausage links (I sautéed from frozen)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 TB garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake or to taste
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 lb box penne
- Fresh greens (I used baby kale & spinach)
- Parmesan cheese
- Set pot to Saute mode
- Add oil
- Saute sausage (doesn’t have to be fully cooked, just brown the edges)
- Add onion, pepper, then garlic and stir up to deglaze
- Add red pepper flake
- Add penne
- Add chicken broth (it’s just enough – use the whole box). If it not enough to cover the penne, add some water.
- Close the lid, and turn to sealing.
- Set 6 mins on high pressure.
- Quick release when done.
- Add handfuls of greens and cheese to taste. Stir up and the greens will wilt with the heat of the pasta.
Pasta is al dente at 6 minutes (box said 11 minutes for boiling). The starch from the pasta acts as a thickener. This meal started out as what I call a “pantry meal” (meaning, make a meal out of what you already have), but it has turned into quite a favorite.